Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Please Excuse My Nerdiness

So I'm going to be a huge nerd for this post. I swear it won't last long, its just this has been on my mind the last couple days and I just have to rave all about it! So forever ago I started watching Full Metal Alchemist with my brother Josh and friend Sarai. We got through a majority of the episodes but then I moved away so I had to transfer the episode to my computer and just this week I finished the series. Why I say I'm nerdy is because Full Metal Alchemist is a anime series. You know flying ninjas, awesome characters, huge eyes, its a full on anime. This is one of the few series I have actually finished (Trigun and Soul Eater being the only other ones...wow I sound even nerdier). But honestly I absoluty fell inlove with this series. I love the characters, the story, the animation, it really is anime at its finest. The show is about Edward and Alphonse Elric, two alchemist brothers searching for the legendary catalyst called the Philosopher's Stone, a powerful object which would allow them to recover their bodies (which were lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life through alchemy). The brothers set off in search of the Philosopher's Stone as a means to restore their bodies. Throughout their journey, they meet many antagonists, including those who are willing to do anything to obtain the Philosopher's Stone; State Alchemists, new friends and the homunculi, a group of human-like creatures who carry pieces of the Philosopher's Stone inside themselves. If you ever get the chance to watch it, you should. But only in Japanese, any anime is only good in Japanese, the American voices ruin it.

1 comment:

Meggie said...

Um... I love this show.