Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vintage Reading

I've been trying to collect vintage and used books for a while now. Mostly ones I love to read and ones that are relatively cheap. Some old books can get very expensive. So far I've collected a total of four really good books. The first one is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin, given to me by my sister Becky. I love the cover and inside flap and the art work is just amazing. Sadly I'm still waiting to read it, I have a lot of library ones checked out.
Next I have The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I am currently reading this one. Colin got me this from a used book store in Salt Lake right before he left to China. I love it, I love the leathery cover and tattered pages. I'm excited to finish this book. I can already tell it will be one of my favourites.
This book is The Pictorial Encyclopedia of Fashion, given to me by my mom, it was originally my grandmas. Its an amazing book full of pictures of fashion from Ancient Egypt to Roman times up to the 1960's. The pictures are amazing and while I was flipping through it I found some flowers I had pressed from a Valentines bouquet from Colin. It made me smile.
This last book is my all time favourite book. I loved the Disney move as a child and love the books just as much, if not more. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Gladd by Lewis Carroll. The stories are crazy but so interesting and the art work is just amazing.
So those are the few vintage books I have at the moment. I can't wait to get more and add even more books to my constantly growing book collection.

1 comment:

Lena said...

I love LOVE these old books!