Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Storm Watching

We got our first official snow storm last night. The weatherman said blizzard warnings and got Colin and I all excited for this large storm to keep us inside for days. I couldn't go to work because I didn't have a ride to work or home because of the weather warnings so I had to stay home. Colin got to come home early from school because they closed The U so we got to do some running around. I looked for job applications, we went grocery shopping, grabbed some lunch and basically made excuses to stay out and about to watch the storm come in. Once it began to get dark and the sky was looking very ominous we decided to drive home. We sat inside and ran to and from the windows waiting for things to happen. Finally it snowed, like the crappiest snow of all, it was mist pretty much a light snow fall. We were so disappointed. The roads did look bad but we were hoping for power outages, having to use candles and no heat! But alas we were fine. In fact Colin made us a delicious cold weather meal and we watched Black Hawk Down. It did snow about 3-4 inches over night and its been freezing all day long. I've been in warm clothes since last night and have no intention of getting out of them. So while my classes were canceled today I get to stay home and workout! I'm really excited for this cold weather!

What did Colin, Mugwomp and I do in anticipation for the storm?!

Colin went on Reddit...

Mugwomp hibernated in the blankets...

I stayed warm in the most comfy clothes I could find...

The snow fell slowly...

But our dinner was delightful!!

2 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

I can't wait to go home to snow!! You had such a cozy day! Love you Emers!

Meaghan said...

You look cute, mugwomp looks funny and adorable under the covers. And your food looks soooo yummy! Well done Emily, well done.