Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dînner à Paris

I was going to write this whole blog post (or at least some of it) in French, but I soon realized it très difficile (I've forgotten a lot since last semester). So I will be sticking to the English language. First things first. While Colin was visiting his family in Illinois (he had a really fun time with his parents btw!) he decided to Amazon a few items. One of them being a surprise for Valentine's Day and the other, a bread maker! Colin was so excited that yesterday, in between class and work, he put the timer on so a fresh loaf of bread would be ready for when I got home. He told me all about it and just needed to follow the steps on page 10 when I got home. With the fresh baked bread brewing at home, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Instead of concentrating on copying peoples documents and bounding their books, I thought of the warm bread and cheese, wine, chocolate, basically anything you'd find in France. Which brought us to our diner in Paris. On my way home I stopped at Whole Foods to get some cheese and crackers. I picked out a Taleggio from Italy and a Brie from France. I rushed home and the delicious warm smell of the bread was already in our hallway. I quickly took the bread out of the maker, carefully following the instructions of course. Put together our plates and Colin came home just in time to uncork the white wine. So we sat in our living room (we don't use our kitchen table that often for some reason), and listened to French music while we enjoyed our French inspired diner of Cheese, Wine, Crackers and Fresh Bread. Oh and for dessert, chocolate croissants! Bon Appetit!
Why yes, those are the wonderful wine glasses Ben & Meggie bought us as a house warming gift.
us being french

No comments: