Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Brett Is A Girl & Foam

While I was browsing the magazine section at Barnes & Noble with Lindsay, I stumbled upon a few things that caught my eye. I quickly snatched the magazines and went in a cozy corner with my chai tea and Lindsay in tow. In the first art magazine I found an artist and I'm currently inlove, with Brett Manning, who is a girl.

Brett Is A Girl:

Name: Brett Manning
Cou
ntry: USA
State:
IL
City:
Chicago
Birthday:
October 31, 1986
Joined:
February 16, 2010
Genre:
Traditional Art, Drawing, Painting, Portraits, Book Art

She's a Chicago based artist and illustrator..."I am inspired by love, light, balance, charm, femininity, sentimentality, new and exciting stories, old and wise traditions, texture, pattern, intuition, rhythm, and the connection of nature and all that is man-made..." -Brett Manning.

The second magazine I found was Foam. I know It's sort of a 'hipster' magazine, but I really loved the February cover and It's a magazine I would love to write for.

Foam Magazine:

Fashion|Ocean|Art|Music
I really enjoyed the cover story about Lykke Li, I also really enjoy her music. "Our cover girl Lykke Li dove deep into her soul to write her excellent upcoming album, Wounded Rhymes, taking a turn to more obviously emotional material. Here, we find her on a desperate quest for warmth and comfort across the snow-covered forest on the Swedish island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea." Check out the rest of the article HERE.

No comments: