Monday, September 14, 2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

On Sunday, my brother Ben and I went to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs concert at In The Venue in Salt Lake City. We stood out in the rain playing Cash Cab on my phone for about half an hour before the doors opened. Ben happily got frisked down, we entered the venue and made our way up to the balcony to have ourselves a pint of Blue Moon on tap to wait for the show. After the opening band YACHT, who were very...interesting, and an hour or more of tuning instruments and sound testing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs finally came on stage. With an amazing stage presence and fantastic music it was one of the better shows I have gotten to see live. Karen O's outfits are always outrageous and fun, while her band mates, guitarist Nick Zinner and drummer Brian Chase, looked and played amazing in their all black attire. So we enjoyed the show on the upper balcony away from the shooving crowd, the crowd surfers and passing out people from dehydration. We did have some annoying girls pushing us a bit from behind and some very hot lesbians beside us. But over all we had so much fun! I hope everybody gets to hear them live because they are amazing! Here is a bad version of a video and a picture I took with my phone, I didn't bring my camera :(

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

Emily, your blog is so cute. The concert sounds like it was awesome. I love you :)