Friday, September 18, 2009

L4D2

After my endless hours of playing L4D I'm in dire need of a new game, or expansion or something! Thank you Valve and EA for catering to my needs. The first-person shooter, multi-player zombie game, Left 4 Dead, is back with a sequel (I sat and watched the trailer at least a dozen times). The same story, a massive outbreak turning everyone into zombies, and you become one of the four survivors trying not to get infected and reach each safe house before getting rescued, but this time in the South. Starting in Savannah, Georgia and ending up in New Orleans, Louisiana. Almost like a $50 expansion, but with new characters, new campaigns and new zombies. Your characters are the usual random human survivors, Coach, a high school football coach, Rochelle, a news reporter, Ellis, a mechanic, and Nick, a gambler and conman. I must admit, my dear Louis and Zoey I shall miss, Bill and Fracis...not so much.To go along with the new location and characters, they have new campaigns such as 'Swamp Fever", "The Parish" and "Dark Carnival". The frightening sprinting zombies are the same but some new special infected have been added. There are still the regular scary specials, Boomer, Hunter, Smoker, Tank and Witch, but along with those there are the Charger, he can sprint and knock players who are in its path down, the Spitter, shoots balls of phlem, and the Jockey, can hop onto your character and control them. Heard they are super creepy, I have yet to actually personally witness them.
These new specials are also available to play in vs mode. If thats not enough they make it even more interesting. Along with new guns, scoped assult rifles and silenced submachine guns, you can also pick up regular house hold items such as a frying pans, chainsaws and even a cricket bat, for your melee weapon. Over all I cannot wait for the new game to come out on November 17th , OMG I can't wait. Perhaps demo it before that!

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

That sounds so cool and fun. I wish I could play it with you.