Monday, January 10, 2011

Loosing Weight

So before I start this post, I just want everyone to know it IS a weight lost post! With having said that, I shall continue. When I moved back from California I wasn't in very good shape. I gained some weight over there, I was in a bad space mentally and just generally unhealthy. When I got back to Utah I started going to the gym with Ben and soon signed up for a Gold's Gym membership. We would do mostly cardio, usually in the cardio cinema room (we got to watch movies, the one that played most often was Legally Blonde, one of Ben's favourites). I dropped a few pounds but nothing too drastic. Fast forward to last summer. Now, I've been vegetarian for 5 years now but in July I decided to go Raw. Colin was leaving to China for a month so I figured it would be the perfect time to try this wonderful diet/lifestyle for my body. Basically I ate nothing cooked over 115 degrees. This included eating mostly veggies, fruits and soaked nuts. My mom was doing it with me so basically I just ate whatever she made us. I lost about 10 pounds in one month! This cleanse of eating just raw really jump started my body into loosing weight. Since then I still ate very healthy but went back to vegetarian. I went to the gym and did pilates at home, but also began a Strength & Toning class that did wonders! The cardio was on me but the muscle building was on my teacher. When I started the semester, August 31st, we had a fitness test. Basically it was how many push ups and sit-ups we could do in a minute along with how long we could do a wall test and then body fat % (which scared me the most). I started out Push ups: 35, Sit-Ups: 96, Wall Test: 1:10, Body Fat: 23 %. By the end of the semester, December 9th, I was up to Push ups: 50, Sit-Ups: 105, Wall Test: 2:15, and Body Fat: lowered to 16%. I was so proud of myself! While I still have a ways to go to reach where I want to be I just have to say how amazed I am with myself. In 6 months I've literally dropped 35 pounds. I feel like I'm finally fitting into my body. So after all this ranting, this is an introduction into me posting more workout videos, cleanses, and other healthy stuff I happen to find. Starting with this awesome cardio workout I just found. I was seriously huffing and puffing after the 3rd set. Try this one out for size! (Find in pervious post)

5 comments:

Meggie said...

You are so amazing! I want to be just like you :)

Kaitlin Heckert said...

I am SO proud Ems! Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do in my opinion. 35 lbs. though!? That's AMAZING!!! I can't wait to get more tips and helpful information from you! You go Glen Coco! And you do look amazing.

Stacylyn said...

Oh my gosh!! GOOD JOB EM!!! COngrats. that's pretty amazing. Keep it up girlo!

Jo said...

Holy cow! You go girlfriend, will you exercise for me too?

Meaghan said...

I love you,and you are beautiful.