Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Cheer

So its December and I've officially decorated my house for the holidays. Although its like a game of Where's Waldo because we don't have much space so all the decorations are hidden on bookshelves or squished in between plants. I'm still in shock that the year has gone by so quickly. Its already December, finals are next week and I haven't even begun listening to Christmas music and Colin and I haven't gotten a tree yet. So the first month of December is going to be a rush for writing papers, studying and memorizing languages (French for me, Chinese for Colin, its basically a trilingual house where in the living room we 'Parler' and the bed room we 'shuĊ'). Then after our treacherous semester is done, we can focus on buying and sending out Christmas gifts. Luckily through all this hectic month Colin and I got to have a relaxing Saturday night, the first one in a while. It was my work Christmas party and this year it was held at The Grand America hotel. Everything was decadently decorated for the holiday, the whole place looked beautiful. We got into the ballroom and first there was a drawing for gifts. Mostly basketballs, golf balls, digital cameras wii's, ipods, you know things I would never win! Which I didn't, sadly my name was never drawn. But on the up side Colin and I helped ourselves to the delicious buffet and array of desserts. We took multiple trips to the bathroom so we could wander the hotel for a bit. Later the show got interesting and Hypnohick the Hypnotist honored us with his presence. It was exactly what it sounds like, the guy was dressed up in a cowboy outfit and hypnotized people with his country music playing. It was my first time seeing a hypnotist and I have to admit he actually put on a good show. So after the last prizes, 50'' tv's and cruises, which of course I didn't win, we wandered around some more. We went out into the grounds, took some pictures, went to the hotel lounge for some drinks, ventured over to Red Door for some martini's and then went home! We both had so much fun and it was a nice way to spend out Saturday. But now we have to focus on our studies, which I am finding very hard to do. So I must say au revoir and adieu, for I have to study for my oral french exam!
Bon Courage Emily!

And now some pictures...

Doing what we do best...looking retarded
The Outfit I Wore

3 comments:

Lena said...

You guys are so damn cute! I can't wait for finals to be over so we can all play again! (Romantic xmas dinner/drinks with the four of us? :)

Meaghan said...

I love you guys. And that looks so fun! I love the Grand America.
Also you look adorable as usual my pretty sister!

P.S. 15 days!!

Jo said...

You look quite adorable! How fun