Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve/Christmas/Boxing Day Events

On Christmas Eve Colin had to work, of course, since he is a manager in retail. And I had a bunch of running around to do. I helped my mom with finishing up some raw food dishes, took her to work, went up to Park City to deliver the food, down to Whole Foods to do some grocery shopping, over to Target to meet M, M & M (Meaghan, Mason and Max) for some last minute Christmas gifts, then pick up my mom, finish grocery shopping and get home in time to start making food! So Colin got home at 7 pm and had to wrap gifts while I made our delicious hors d'oeuvre. Sadly Colin wasn't able to make it make to Illinois to be with his family due to work so we tried to make it feel a bit more like home. Colin told me in his family they always open gifts Christmas eve and have snacks. My family always waits until Christmas day to open ours, besides maybe pajamas or a gift from my aunt on Christmas eve. So trying to compromise and hold fast to both traditions we made food and decided to open a few gifts Christmas Eve. Our "few gifts" turned into us getting way too excited and opening everything up. It worked out though, our giant bottle of wine got us through most of the night. It was so much fun, our apartment was covered in gift wrap, boxes and bows.
The next day I made us breakfast and Colin made us Bloody Mary's. I was told (by Becky) that I wouldn't like them but I actually really enjoyed them, I couldn't eat the celery at the end though. Then we headed over to my moms to spend Christmas day with her, Josh, M, M & M. It was so much fun. We made vegetarian lasagna and had some champagne, then opened gifts for each other.


On Boxing Day, we got to spend time with Ben and Meggie. First we had to buy me some awesome winter boots for the snow so Colin wouldn't worry about me walking to work in the early mornings and the snow/rain. We found some really nice ones at a good price! I will also be able to go snow shoeing with these boots, and I can't wait! Once we got to my moms we had some delicious black bean soup and veggie sandwiches. Everything was so delicious. Also Ben and Meggie gave us some delicious homemade vegan treat. A whole box full of tea cakes, fudge, chocolate balls, shortbread and more! For more on the gift boxes check out Meggie's Blog. We had to quickly webcam with my dad before we rushed off to see Black Swan...it was amazing! So thus ended the Holiday season. It was one for the history books. Also it was Colin and my first Christmas together. Now we have to wait for New Years!



2 comments:

Stacylyn said...

You are quite the cook my friend. It all looks yummy. :)

Meaghan said...

So cute, I love it :) Also I look really creeepy and trashy in that pictur eof me in the white shirt with Max...