Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life Is Changing

I'm sad my car is dying. I need to lay it to rest before I end up putting even more money into this dying car just to keep it on life support. I found out yesterday I need to get my transfer case fixed, I'm not sure but I think its a case to the engine and its internally shot. So if I want to have my car up and running I need to put out $2,220.95. Which is 1/4 of my car loan. I still owe $6,000 on this thing but all I can do is sell it now because I can't afford it. The sad thing is its in such crappy condition, the back windows won't roll up (their taped), it needs new tires, new brakes, its pretty much not worth fixing for me. So now I have to find a dealership to by this thing so that I can not have a car. This poses a problem because I work at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. So now I have to find a job up in Salt Lake that I'll be able to take public transit or walk to. Here comes the job search, and I have a feeling its going to suck. Although I have one particular place in mind. Anthropologie. Not only are they hiring but I have 3 years retail experience, I'm highly qualified. So now I have to find time to turn in my resume and fill out an application, to Anthropologie along with many other places. But I have to admit I'm actually happy about this whole thing. I hated all the maintenance I had and expenses with my car. Not to mention my mom is going to love it when she isn't paying my insurance anymore and I'll get to walk places, which I love. And if all goes well I'll be working at Anthropolgie so I can spend all my money on their cute clothes and actually dress good for once! So I can't wait to be able to turn in my application!! Crossing my fingers it will all work out so that eventually I'll be rolling to the Gateway, via Trax, and wearing cute clothes like this and working at a job I would actually enjoy.

1 comment:

Stacylyn said...

I'm sorry about your car Em. I hope everything works out and you can find another job.

Keep us posted. Love you