Monday, April 11, 2011

Life Update

All Colin and I have done for the past 2-3 weeks is study and work, then study. Sometimes study at work, and sometimes work instead of studying, either way it sucks. With finals slowly crawling near, we will be studying and working even more. And with Colin, who applied for a summer internship, got the interview and job offer at the same time, has even more to do than me. But we couldn't be more excited about his internship, this means he doesn't have to leave to China for a month and his internship sounds pretty bad ass. He's interning for Utah Open Lands. Basically he is "working with an organization that deals with land rights, and [I'm] in charge of education and outreach as well as surveying with the land to make sure conservation easements are being withheld." - Direct quote from Colin Ganong.
Yesterday, after work, we did make sure to find time for my brother Ben's birthday. We all met up at Este for vegan pizza and had a grand ol' time. It's so nice to have most of my family here in Utah for birthday celebrations. Ben, Meggie, Josh, Jared, Mason, Meaghan and Max all showed up. Colin and I bought Ben an old map of Japan from Sam Weller's Book Store, and have an Amazon.com frame on it's way. Happy Birthday Ben!! You old rascal!
Pictures from Estse

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

I LOVE being close to family!!