Monday, April 18, 2011

Due To The Rain

I was stuck inside all day writing two papers that probably should have been finished over the weekend. I find it hard to scramble time together these days to write papers, but luckily, the day before they are due I managed to save time to finish them. But with all day papers come many small breaks in the constant task of writing. As the spring rain cleaned outdoors, I spring cleaned indoors. Mainly just my closet. I pulled out the tupperware with my summer clothes, sorted through my closet and packed away my winter clothes. There's something completely renewing about a real good closet clean. I got rid of things I obviously don't wear anymore (don't worry Meaghan and Mom, you'll have first pick), it was nice to get let go of some of the Abercrombie clothes I've had for so long.
But also said goodbye to my Coats, Scarves and Hats...
and pulled out, dusted off and said hello to my Rain Boots and Umbrella.
Colin has done some spring cleaning of his own. He found out we are able to plant in the little bit of garden below our window. He cleared out all the weeds and even used some of his Jesus carpenter skills and measured, cut, nailed and stained these amazing plant boxes to put under our window.
Whilst I'm on the cleaning note, Colin and I invested all of $40 for our first vacuum. Why we haven't bothered to buy one earlier is beyond me. But we both now get to enjoy the smell of our clean carpets all thanks to our Dirt Devil.
I can't wait for a good clean Spring! Also along with cleaning, I got to go to the gym today! Oh how I've missed a good cardio session. Hopefully more to come with these Spring months

No comments: