Sunday, May 23, 2010

On A Golden Afternoon

This Sunday I spent my day like most Sundays, doing nothing. First I went to the gym where they were playing Avatar, a particularly good movie to run to. Especially since they usually play Legally Blonde or random war movies starring Sandra Bullock. Those movies make me stare at the minutes and miles passing, anticipating when it hits the 3 mile mark. After the gym, I showered and got ready for the day. Then I begged my brother to go to the library with me, which he declined numerous times. So off I went to the library all by myself to rent me some movies.I originally went there to pick up Singing In The Rain and Wait Until Dark, which I had seen previously when Colin and I were browsing the selections, but he said they were too old ladyish for him. Both movies were checked out but I managed to find Funny Face and Penelope (one I haven't seen yet). So it worked out nicely.

It began to rain when I left the library so I went and got some coffee to warm me up. My cinnamon dolce latte did the trick. I then drove to Target to get the rest of my essentials for the week. I wandered around aimlessly in Target like I usually do, checking out the dollar section and searching for sale items. In the end I only got the things I needed: shaving cream, toothpaste, mascara, sponge wedges, and Sherlock Holmes on bluray (which was also an essential). I went home, put my clean clothes away, washed my sheets, dusted & vacuumed my room, cleaned Mugwomp's kitty litter, ate dinner (delicious lettuce wraps with a patte, tomatoes and avocado), blogged, and now I'm ready to nestle into my chair and watch my movies and get ready for another long week.

3 comments:

Kaitlin McKinlay said...

What a fabulous day! I love days like those. And I watched Funny Face on Saturday! So fun! What did you think of Penelope? I had really low expectations when I saw it so I was very pleasantly surprised with it! I thought it was very artistic!

Meaghan said...

sounds simply wonderful! I miss those days with you. I'm glad you watched Funny Face, "Bonjour Paris!" lov e you Em.

The Mad Hatter said...

So I finally watched Penelope last night, it was suprisingly cute, maybe because i'm super emotional and i'll i've wanted to do was watch sappy chick flicks since colin left, but i think at one moment i may have almost felt a tear. And i loved her room, it was cute