Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Plan

I try and run almost everyday and do pilates the days I don't run. But I can't seem to loose those pounds, casually sitting where they shouldn't be. So as Spring is slowly creeping into the month of May, and when I say slowly I mean it snowed just last week but its coming, those last few pounds need to be shed before swim suit season. I recently bought a 4lb medicine ball specifically for this 8 week workout, and can't wait to start it. You want to do this workout 3 days a week on nonconsecutive days, and complete 3 sets of each exercise, performing the number of reps indicated at the end of each move before you go on to the next. Also you should do a 30 to 60 minute cardio workout on 2 of the days you don't strength train. So without further adieu, The Plan...

First you begin every strength move with a 5 minutes of any light cardio. There are 4 Zones to target specific parts of your body. Zone 1: Abs, Zone 2: Butt, Zone 3: Upper Body, Zone 4: Hips & Thighs. Each Zone works you hard and keeps your blood pumping.

To check out the entire work out Click Here. Also there are a lot of different workout with medicine balls to help tone up but not bulk up.

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Em, if your buns are what they were 5 years ago I think you can forget the butt exercises. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing ;)