Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Dear Friend, It's Been Far Too Long

These last couple weeks have been non stop for me. My room is emptying out, been looking for an apartment, working etc. I feel like I haven't been able to just stop and relax. So finally, today I get to blog and recap on the events that have passed.

Yes, the rumors are true (if there even were rumors). Colin and I officially found a place to move in together! Its up on 200 South and 1000 E, so its close to the U and not too far from SLCC and the freeway. My room has been a mess the last week or so, luckily I haven't been sleeping there because my bed has been littered with clothes and books. So we should be getting the key to our place this weekend! And I can't wait to decorate and arrange the furniture we have yet to get. So my room is officially packed up. I realized I had less stuff to pack than I thought.
It may look like a lot, but I had to spread out the book weight, they weigh a ton! All the bags, luggage and backpacks are full of clothes. So really all I am taking are books and clothes, which is all I need anyway.

Before we move in I needed to get Mugwomp her shots, and then eventually spayed. Today was that day. Colin and I had to wake up at 9:30 to take her to the Humane Society. Mugwomp was really good in the car, running from windows to the of the back of the car looking outside, but she was shedding pretty bad. Luckily once we got there it was only a 30 min wait and she was so good in the waiting room. When they called 'Emily, with Mugwomp' the lady said it like a question and the nurses giggled at her name. Sorry Mugs, your name is kinda funny but you're cute. The nurse said she was really good getting her shots! I was so proud, that sweet child of mine. So now only 2 weeks till she has to go back to get Spayed.
Also while Colin and I were at IKEA yesterday we picked Mugwomp up a little house for our move. She just loves it already and we need to get a blanket for inside so she can be super cozy all the time.We will slowly be moving in all this next week and I will be sure to post some pictures of our cute little place!

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

CUTE CAT HOUSE! I love mugwomps name and thats so funny they laughed at it, lol. Love you Emmer