Monday, November 16, 2009

MMMASON JENNINGS!!

Ben and I went to the Mason Jennings concert at In The Venue Saturday night. One word...Amazing. It was one of the best concerts I've been to. The doors opened at 7 and thankfully the opening band, The Wheel from Colorado, was on time and really good. The had a good keyboardist and a cool stand up bass. After they finished their 45 min music set they set up for the next band. Being told previously from my brother there was going to be two opening bands, when Mason Jennings got on stage I paused, did a double take and exclaimed "Wait that is Mason Jennings!" The crowd erupted and the show started. Mason Jennings was of course, terrific. He played a few of his older songs like Butterfly and Nothing and a lot of his newer stuff that I have yet to put on my ipod. But I literally fell in love with him and his music all over again. After an amazing show of course they came back for an encore, and then again for a second encore where they played two awesome sets. I especially liked when they played 'The Weight' by The Band while Mason Jennings sang the first verse, his bassist sang the second, his back up guitarist the third and his drummer the forth and finally they all finished the last verse together. The whole concert gave me perma-grin for the rest of the night. If you want a good natural high, go to a Mason Jennings concert.

P.S. Sorry the pictures are bad, once again I forgot my camera and my phone was the only thing I had

No comments: