Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lookout Upper Eastsiders Gossip Girl Has One More Victim...XOXO

Yes its true, Gossip Girl is my new favourite show. After borrowing season 1 from the library I was hooked. As a die hard O.C. fan I was skeptical about the new teen drama East Coasters style. The New York City streets and all the beautiful clothes they wear kept me watching more, but in the end Chuck and Blair is what ultimately won me over. Oh their dynamics and wonderful stubbornness, off and on again romance and sexual tension...sigh. Season 3 is almost ready to start and me, being some what behind, still has to catch up. Good thing the birthday gift cards payed for season 2 or all would be lost. After almost 2 weeks of Gossip Girl watching, its happened, finally its happened...I cried at my first episode. Season 2, Episode 14 to be exact, "In The Realm of the Basses"...With Chuck MIA since his father's funeral, Uncle Jack arrives on the Upper East Side to help Chuck pick up the messy pieces, but first he has to find him. Trying her best to forget her last painful exchange with Chuck, Blair focuses her attention on being accepted into the most prestigious ladies club in the city, Colony Club, only to realize you never really leave high school behind. She finds her self back in Chuck's arms trying to help him pick up the pieces after his fathers death. Only once again its a Chuck and Blair off and on again romance. So one has to go and mess things up, no ones pointing fingers but were all whispering Chuck...so sad. But now all we can do is wait and see what happens. Oh and the moment I cried at was when Chuck comes into Blair's room, after her mother's wedding, completely broken. She hold him as he cries and the scene fades to black...many tears shed. Also another plus of Gossip Girl is Blair Waldorf's style. I love it, sophisticated and a bit Audrey Hepburn. Every outfit is to die for! So I cannot wait to finish Season 2 and watch Season 3. Till then. Adieu

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

I read it all and your a nerd, lol . I kinda want to watch the first season with you to see what you and Becky are so in love with. But good writing Em!